2.26.2013

A Back Pack worth Every Child's Envy

This is my new technique for thinking of post titles. 
Usually my posts are not title conducive, unless I could call every post "Random" or "A Little Bit of This and That," which I've already done.
 That's why I used to have Tuesday Tidbits. Because then, at least 1 day a week my post title was set.
But, back to my new technique. I just choose one point or picture in my post and come up with a clever title based on that. I know genius. Or lazy. 
One time, I even googled "clever post titles." Ya. I know. I'm lame. 
And I got nothing. I should probably write a post about choosing clever titles and then when people like me search that, I'll get major traffic! Again, I know. I'm a genius.
I had the same problem with naming face book albums. 
How are you people so darn clever naming posts and albums?
Hey Friends. How are ya?
We're back to work this week. I loved having vacation but thankful to get back into a routine & my body will probably thank me for not staying up until 4 am every night now that we're working.
And, with going back to work, I got to buy a few new things. Like....drum roll please.... a laminator!
Whoop! We got it Friday and I was beyond excited! I was looking around the house for anything and everything to laminate! A laminator is a must for a primary school teacher. Or so, I told Zachary.
We love walking around Marina City, a shopping center in downtown Qingdao. It's right on the water, has tons of great shops (H&M, Sephora, Mango & Zara--the only ones I care about), and always has fun things going on in the square. We've seen a few fashion shows, concerts and theme parks.
Today our school gave us free tickets to a dinosaur exhibit that's going up next weekend. 
Holla! You know we'll be there. 
Do I say "holla" on the blog too much? 
In front of a Chinese New Year exhibit & amusement park in Marina City.
Check out these incredibly genius balloon backpacks. I'd be totally stoked as a kid to get one of those. Heck, I'd be stoked to get one now. I'm a little jealous. 
Speaking of blow up balloons, I saw a legit clown the other day. He looked exactly like the creepy kind  from a few decades back. Apparently there isn't a fear of clowns in China because people were not running away. And he still had a job in a public place.
We had lunch at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants in Marina City. 
This is one of Zachary's favorites, as well as, a close cousin to the American favorite, sweet and sour chicken. I have no idea what it's called though. Praise the Lord for picture menus for all of us illiterate.
Did you know they have 7-11s in Asia?! They do. 
A new fro-yo shop opened up downtown. It's the legit kind where you get to sprinkle on your own toppings and everything. Yummy!

That's all I have for you today because I can't find our SD Cards. Whoops!
So, until tomorrow, enjoy! 

By the way, I love your comments. 
Holla at yo' gurl. 
(sorry. I had to.) 


4 comments :

Sybil@PeaceitallTogether said...

Sometimes I think I try and get too creative with my posts titles, then nobody understands them and has no idea what the post is even about. They are definitely not google search engine friendly. I love laminators!!

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

Such great pictures! I haven't seen a 7-11 in years. And I miss them! Great balloon backpacks. What a fun adventure!

SH said...

One of my hubby's and my favorite dates is frozen yogurt...now I'm craving it!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!
-Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Megan said...

I say your method of title choosing is very clever. Sometimes mine is also very silly!

This looks amazing though!

Pin It button on image hover