5.06.2013

5 Fashion Photo Tips You Need to Know

After much guilt tripping, 
"Other blogger husbands do this all the time!"
Z graciously took some photos of moi.
I don't know why it took so much bribing. 
I mean, who doesn't like taking pictures of someone else while they act like a model?

This being my one and only "fashion post" I really am now a professional. 
So, I have decided to share with you some fantastic self photo session tips for all of your upcoming fashion posts.

1. Rawr like a tiger. 
When taking fashion posts, it's always a good idea to include an animal. 
Animals really add to the whole look & make you look super professional.
2. Get one with nature. 
Speaking of said animal, go ahead and leave their hair all over you. 
That really gives you the "down to earth" fashion look that people can relate too.
3. Mix & Match those colors baby! 
Make sure you have a back ground that really accents your clothing. Don't worry about mixing pink & purple flowers with your red pants, they really compliment each other. 
The more you think they clash, the better!
4. You don't have to jump on a bandwagon! 
If it's Spring time, don't go with the cliche! 
Pastels, say what? 
And mint...psh.  
 The more fall and out of season your outfit looks, the more fashion forward you appear. 
Who doesn't love a good long sleeve, black shirt in the middle of spring time?
5. Don't forget the feet.
It's a no brainer, but I'll say it anyway, don't forget to get one of those downward shots of your shoes. 
Also, make sure they're nice and hidden in grass, water, anything really. 
The less the viewer can see, the more intriguing.

And there you have it. 
5 Fashion Photo Tips You just Needed to know.
I have to go sign autographs now.
Peace.

But in all seriousness,
Happy Monday! 
I love you and you and you and you!
Sitting next to a sleeping, feverish husband.
Poor boo.
Say a little prayer for our household, 
we have the stomach bug running around! 
Thank you!

4 comments :

rachel said...

You are so beautiful! Love your photos! Grandma


chalayn said...

This is really good advice! I have similar experience with taking photos with my dog, she (and her hair ALL OVER ME ALL THE TIME) just makes any photo look better. ;)

And purple and red are jewel tones, right? So they totally don't clash. :)

The Brayn of Chalayn

P.S. There you go again, Chara, melting my heart whenever I see a photo of you.

Mo said...

This post was super funny. It helped make my day at work more bearable. Thanks!

Mo
Who is that girl Mo?

Living in Another Language said...

You're hilarious. I love this post. I read it once yesterday, and I read it again today. It STILL makes me chuckle!

I'd be a terrible fashion blogger. Thank you for your tips, if I ever decide to make 'the switch' I'll keep these tips in mind. ;)
-Amanda | Living in Another Language

Pin It button on image hover