11.16.2013

26th Birthday Currentlies

Today is my birthday. The big 26. I can hardly believe that it was a year ago that I wrote about my fourth of a century birthday. It feels like yesterday. On this 26th year of my life, I'm filled with joy and gratitude. The Lord is so faithful, good and loving. His grace is unending and His blessings never cease. I don't deserve it but He's just that loving and loves to lavish His children.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 
Thankful that at 26 I can say I have been incredibly blessed with, 
an incredibly loving, supportive, patient (God knows we wouldn't survive without his patience!) fun and handsome husband (and so thankful for his love for the Lord)
4 grown and beautiful siblings, who are making their way in this world, in whom I'm so proud
1 little baby sister, who's full of joy and wonder and growing
8 living & healthy grandparents that are just frankly, awesome 
3  loving, hard working fathers & 2 ridiculously loving mothers
a loving and fun extended family
life long friends with babies of their own
a close circle of friends overseas
an overseas family
this blog
Christmas music playing right now. It makes my birthday feel oh, so cozy
6 Countries visited, and more to come, Lord willing
a snuggly, joyful Chara-girl dog
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I got in a taxi this morning to grab a Starbucks, because well I have to start my bday day with Starbucks :), and right before I got out Firework started playing. It was the perfect way to start this day, with an umph of "Ya! It's your birthday!" I don't particularly love Katy Perry, but I mean.... the girl did it right with this song. 
So freakin' good! 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
This week Zachary gifted me with an appointment to get my hair done. Finally! After almost 2 years, my "ombre" hair was in need of a good highlight sesh. :) He also gave me some new Mac Makeup, holla, some awesome body wash, roses and house slipper socks. He's so sweet! :) 
Go, Go, Go, Go shorty. It's your birthday. 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
This year the Lord has done some amazing things in my life. Honestly, it's amazing for me to say, but I have grown. I have changed. Just the other day a friend who I haven't seen in a while told me she could tell I was different. She said I just seemed to have "so much peace."I'm in awe of how good He is to heal me and not just leave me in my messy, broken state. In this past year I have become a person more at peace, more relaxed, less fearful and more trusting. I am less afraid of death & "evil" than I was a year ago. I trust God way more & am over all more stable in my emotions and thinking. This is miraculous for me, actually. To Him goes all the glory. 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 
A friend gave me the daily devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young  for my birthday. I've been reading them each day this week. They're so encouraging and I love that they are all from Sarah's personal journal. I was really excited to read today's and had to remind my self several times this week to not look ahead to my birthday! I thought I'd share with you today's devo: 
November 16th. 
"As you look at the day before you, you see a twisted, complicated path, with branches going off in all directions. You wonder how you can possibly find your way through the maze. Then you remember the One who is with you always, holding you by your right hand. You recall My promise to guide you with My counsel, and you begin to relax. As you look again at the path ahead, you notice  that a peaceful fog has settled over it obscuring your view. You can see only a few steps in front of you, so you turn your attention more fully to Me and begin to enjoy My Presence. The fog is a protection for you, calling you back into the present moment. Although I inhabit all of space and time, you can communicate with Me only here and now. Someday the fog will no longer be necessary, for you will have learned to keep your focus on Me and on the path just ahead of you. Psalm 73: 23-24 ; 1 Corinthians 13:12."
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 
Thank you Reader. Thank you for all your comments and page views. They encourage me each and every day. I love that I have this place that I can go and share the common-stuff of life and even the difficult or more serious stuff, and know that there will be someone, somewhere, laughing, nodding their head in agreement, thinking of me or praying for me. Thank you for all your love and support by reading this little ole' blog and thinking that my words are worth a little time in your day. I'm honored and extremely thankful. 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 
Thank you, Lord. Thank you for this life you've given me. Help me to live it well, for your glory. Help me to trust you with this life & body you've entrusted to me. Make me more like your son, Jesus. I love, love, love you! I praise you for who you have made me to be. I praise you for my gifts and talents. I praise you for the love you fill my heart with, the compassion and passion. I praise you for my curly hair and big smile. Use them for your glory, Father. I pray in this 26th year of life, that I'd grow even closer to you & know more and more each day your love for me and this world. 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

5 comments :

Sybil@PeaceitallTogether said...

Happy birthday, Heather! Blessings to you in the coming year!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, dear! All the best :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday !!! God bless !!!!

shelly said...

I love this! I praise God for you! I am so Thankful for you and your siblings! I am so proud of the women you are!

shelly said...

I love you so much!

Pin It button on image hover