7.13.2015

My Thoughts...While on Instagram

^I know, this is a terrible title. I just couldn't come up with one better.
 
For the sake of not being rude to Insta-grammers whom I love & who take tons of time to post their beautiful pictures every day, I won't put "examples" of each point. But if you've spent enough time on Instagram, I don't think you really need examples. Chances are you see what I'm talking about & ask the same questions daily. Chances also are that your Instagram is probably heck-a beautiful. I think I'm the only one who hasn't figured this out yet! 
 
"Where do all these bloggers get all the white surfaces/backgrounds?" 
I've tried it all. White sheets. White paper. White shirts. Nothing works. How is it that all these bloggers have like beautiful white, non scratched surfaces in their house?! I just realized the other day that we have a white cutting board. I will most definitely be trying to photograph my next vase of flowers & gold staplers on it. 
 
"What's with all the hands?" 
You know what I'm talking about. There's a nice drink & a hand. There's a new notebook & a hand. There's some flowers & a hand. It's like tons of pictures of floating hands. You may have never noticed before but trust me you'll see them now. And you know the worst part? It looks good. Especially the nicely polished fingers hands. The other day, I took this photo, and it clicked in my head that I should have put a hand in it! AND for the one day in 365 days a year, I actually had my nails painted. AND it was a dark grey. So trendy. I know. 
 
"What are their jobs?!" 
I'll tell you what their  jobs are, taking photos of stuff, posting it on Instagram & having lots of followers who don't know them, like me, question, "How is their life so perfect? How do they have the perfect painted nails?" and so on. And they get paid for it. Amazing. To be fair, I think more of the Instagram-ers whose pics I oogle over, have legit jobs. I know they work hard at what they do. Just because your job is online & involves social media & lots of free stuff, doesn't mean you don't work for it. They probably put in way over 40 hours a week.
 
"Where do Fashion bloggers get all those clothes!?" 
Seriously. Fashion bloggers have an insane amount of amazing clothes. Not just clothes either. Bags, shoes, jewelry, sunglasses. Everything. I know they get free stuff but THAT much free stuff? Enough to fill every pic, every day with different pieces? It's insane. Also, why can't we have a tour of their closets? Fashion bloggers, please?! 
 
"How are fashion bloggers so in shape?" 
Like seriously. 
 
  I have a lot of questions in the realm of fashion bloggers, since let's be real, their lives seem the most unrelatable. (one fashion blogger I follow, who I started following just a few years ago when she had a very small following & was just a normal person, had a pic of her getting in a jet for the weekend. A jet. Like I say-most unrelatable.)
 
"Do they have profesh photographers follow them around all the time?" 
They must. 
 
"Why is their spouse never in their pictures?" 
Am I the only one that thinks about this? I guess there are tons of bloggers who have their own personal blogs that promotes them mostly. But you'd think you'd see pictures of their spouses sometimes, right? 
 
"How do you guys get all your pictures in the same beautiful color palette?!" 
Seriously. How do they do this? It's like things that usually wouldn't coordinate, suddenly coordinate. Some of these ladies can make a pineapple picture in one post match & coordinate with chickens in the next. It's insane. 
 
"How do you have such good quality pictures....from your phones?!" 
It took me ages to figure out & lots of google searches, that you could copy a picture from your blog & save it to your phone, then post it to Instagram. But is everyone doing that all the time? Their pictures are never grainy! Never out of focus! Do they ever just snap a picture with their phone & post it? Or do they take the time to upload pictures from their phone, copy & save on their phone, then post it? 
 
That's all I got today. Trust me, there's so much more that goes through my head as I scroll through the feed of beautiful, happy pictures, one after the other. I love it. I just wish I could emulate it. 
 
What are your thoughts/ponderings while you are on Instagram? 
post signature

No comments :

Pin It button on image hover